Saturday, May 2, 2009

This was an amazing week.
I had the priveledge to attend a real life changing conference for people that work in the ministry with kids of all ages simply called, The ORANGE Conference. In going to conferences and workshops over the last..... many years, they are always a great gage in seeing where our culture is and is not in kingdom work. We may agree that we do have a rough culture for our kids to grow up in these days. In fact, at times I feel like we have an emergency on our hands. But this week I found a place in all that is around us that is strong, energetic and boldly moving to continue the work of serving families. No matter what a family looks like or where they are in their journey in seeking the truth of Jesus, there is still an army of people committed to serve and support them. I love where our kingdom culture is going! Beside some very concrete ideas and information I can take back and use to continue to cast vision, I felt the presents of a very real spirit of no nonsense any more. We do not have time to step around elephants in the room! We have people in leadership places that are speaking words that cut through the darkness and get to the point, period. While having a blast of fun doing it and showing the real kind of Jesus love to everyone. Just being real. How sweet a spot is that?
For me, I will keep fighting for the hearts of children for Jesus and serve somehow, someway till I die, I love it and it is in me to not even be able to stop, however, I am even MORE excited to see all the incredible, yes most were younger souls, that has joined this mission in the last few years. They are smart, dedicated, really "get it". They energized me this week in such a short amount of time. They energize me with their blogs and tweets, and all the other stuff I do not know much about, but mostly their hearts. But they are making a huge difference in the thinking and way we go about this ministry. I love it.
I also hope that I can continue share all the learnings and wisdom from so many years of life and ministry so all those ups and downs do not go to waste. But the very cool treasure is I still get to learn and find new ways of serving! It aint over till its over.

No comments: